How to impress for Oktoberfest
Lederhosen and dirndls at the ready! If you like the idea but can’t get to the actual Munich Oktoberfest, turn your outside space into an Oktoberfest party venue. Here are my tips:
1. Pitch a gazebo, marquee or Tipi for shelter, light a cheery fire-pit outside, along with your BBQ, and add a few twinkly lights.
2. Cover tables in the blue and white colours of Bavaria.
3. Add some folk music or Polka.
4. Prepare the crusty bread, Bratwurst, sauerkraut, hot potato salad and hot mustard pretzels. Don’t forget some apple strudel and Black Forest gateau.
5. Chill the wine – and beer (see Bushy Beverage below).
Image: Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Finally, for a wunderbar BBQ recipe for cracking roast chicken – check out How to Cook a Beer Can Chicken.